UN-Habitat is seeking for a complimentary package to update the current design and rehabilitate four open spaces within the catchment area of the schools and secure safer access to be used by the students, the whole process of the design will be through consultation sessions with students, parents, teachers and other stakeholders to plan the most needed routs and activities, with special interest to disabled students facilities.
The goal of this intervention is to allocate spaces for the students as well as families for youth based and social activities. This intervention will enable the students as well mothers and families to have a space for some youth-based and social activities, promote social cohesion between the residents and will secure the safety and comfortability of the students to their schools.
The purpose of the Call for Expression of Interest is to solicit interest from existing or prospective Implementing Partners that wish to participate in UN-Habitat operation and contribute complementary resources (human resources, knowledge, funds, in-kind contributions, supplies and/or equipment) to achieving common objectives as outlined below and subsequently agreed in an Agreement of Cooperation.
The Implementing Partner will be undertaking main activities as follows (but not limited to):
- Conducting participatory sessions with parents, teachers and students for each location to develop and redesign of the open spaces and the safer access to the schools within the catchment area for each location, special measures on the design should be applied for the disabled students.
- Organization of outreach and child awareness activities on traffic safety.
- Required Rehabilitation works of the four open spaces and required works of safer access (including solar lighting) within the catchment area defined through the consultation participatory sessions.
- The estimated duration of the project in calendar months: Four (4) Months
- Maximum proposed value in US$: 130,000.
Final outputs of the project are:
- Four public spaces from the proposed five below will be selected and designed and the safer access within the catchment area of the schools will be identified with needed works.
- Four open spaces will be rehabilitated.
- All required works to secure safer access to the schools within the defined catchment areas will be executed.
- 120 students from 8 schools will have traffic safety awareness.
- Legal Status
- Certificate of registration/incorporation i.e.,
- Proof of registration in Country of Origin.
- Proof of registration of Country of operation.
- Proof of country operational presence.
- Organization profile and details
- Clear organization profile and structure of the organization indicating:
- Organization’s vision, mission and objectives.
- Management structure.
- Members of the Governing Board and their Designations duly certified by the Corporate Secretary, or its equivalent document.
- Proof of membership to professional associations if any.
- Financial Capacity
- Audited company financial statements (balance sheet and income statement) and auditors report for the last two years.
- Exclusive bank account
- Is the organization willing and able to have a separate bank accounted for the funds provided by UN-Habitat?
- Integrity and Governance
- The organization should complete and submit a signed Partner Declaration Form.
- Provide the profiles of the Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Head of the Organization and Chief of Finance.
- Interested Organizations must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochure, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc).
- The CFP and accompanying documents must be received in accordance with the instructions provided. CFP submitted to a different email address will not be considered.
- CFP from applicants failing to provide the complete information to fulfil the basic eligibility criteria will be considered non-responsive.
- CFP received after the above deadline will not be considered.
- Organizations will be selected in accordance with the procedure set out in the UN-Habitat IP Management policy and Standard Operating Procedures.
- CFP from applicants failing to provide the requested information will be disregarded.
- This CFP does not entail any commitment on the part of UN-Habitat, either financial or otherwise. UN-Habitat reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals without incurring any obligation to inform the affected applicant(s) of the grounds.
- All prices must be in USD.
For more information, visit https://unhabitat.org/node/145005