UN Women plans to engage with civil society organizations to design and implement interventions under the SHAML project – Enhancing the protection and Re-integration of Furthest Left Behind Groups of Women and Girls Victims and Survivors of Violence in Palestine.
Within this framework, based on a thorough consultation with stakeholders, UN Women has developed Shaml project- Enhancing the protection and Re-integration of Furthest Left Behind Groups of Women and Girls Victims and Survivors of Violence in Palestine, to address gaps embedded in the system, attitudes and positions, and services pertaining to the rights of furthest left behind groups of women and girls victims and survivors of violence.
In broader terms, the furthest left behind groups of women and girls for this project are the seven groups of women and girls who are denied access to sheltering services as per the Cabinet’s decision of 2011 on Protection Centres for Women Victims of Violence: women who have committed crimes (misdemeanours and felonies) and are executing court sentences, women with physical and mental disabilities, substance abuse cases, women accused of prostitution, women or girls who have infectious diseases, women who form a threat to other women, and girls who are below the age of 18, in addition to elderly women particularly those with mental or physical disabilities.
- The budget range for this proposal should be between $40,000-60,000.
- Expected start date is 1 june 2021 and end date is 31 may 2022.
- Technical/functional competencies required:
- A registered civil society organization, with mandate to work on women’s rights, human rights and gender justice,
- At least five years of professional experience in the field of women’s rights, human rights and gender justice, preferably in the field of furthest left behind groups of women and girls victims and survivors of violence.
- Other competencies, which while not required, can be an asset for the performance of service Strong:
- Previous experience with UN Women, other UN agencies, INGOs in an asset.
- Wide network and collaboration with community-based organizations.
For more information, visit https://palestine.unwomen.org/en/what-we-do/programme-implementation/2021/04/call-for-proposals-shaml-project-implementation-in-palestine