This project aims to overcome the existing obstacles for women that lie in the agriculture sector and support them strengthening their capacity to practice and promote climate smart gender responsive practice at local level through:
- Capacitating women farmers with improved knowledge, skills, information and enabling market network to practice climate smart agriculture in the project target areas.
- Improving access to user friendly and action oriented agrometeorological and early warning information for women farmers and women led CSOs.
- The budget range for this proposal should be [5,900,000 BDT- 6,355,000 BDT].
- Women’s farmers’ productivity in changing climate increased and loss of production due to disaster is reduced.
- Output 1: Capacitated women farmer with improved knowledge, skills, information and enabling market network to practice climate smart agriculture in the project target areas.
- Provide capacity building trainings to the women farmers and women CSO leaders on climate resilient vegetable production including the appropriate varieties, necessary organic fertilizers, and suitable cultivation methods in the project target areas.
- Develop training module which is contextual and customized for the training participants on “climate resilient agriculture” that would be apt for the two climate vulnerable districts: Kurigram, and Satkhira.
- Support women farmers and women led CSOs to demonstrate their learnings from the training as well as agrometeorological information into practice through increasing the vegetable production that would enhance the nutritional status of the vulnerable families which is pertinent to mitigate COVID risk, and to increase their income as well.
- Create a /network among the market stakeholders, local agriculture officers, women led CSOs, and women farmers to get access to the market to enhance their income through increased production.
- Output 2: Improved access to user friendly and action oriented agro meteorological and early warning information for women farmers and women led CSOs.
- Prepare and disseminate the message on agrometeorological information considering the geographic location, context, agriculture pattern, and nature of disaster etc to reduce the loss of production due to disaster and climate change.
- Prepare and disseminate early warning information prior to any disaster with the most marginalized group of women who are vulnerable to different sort of disaster as a process of preparedness.
- Setup a network to disseminate the agrometeorological information considering the geographic location, context, agriculture pattern, and nature of disaster and early warning information prior to any disaster among the women farmers, women’s CSOs, women members of disaster management committees, cyclone and flood preparedness program volunteers, and local level government officials (for example: agriculture, fisheries etc).
- Manage and monitor the network as an example of good practice so that it can be utilized by the local govt officials and women led CSOs to reach to the most climate vulnerable women to reduce the damage and loss of lives and livelihoods.
- The established network will disseminate the early warning information among the stipulated stakeholders to reach to the most marginalized group of women as a preparedness prior to any disaster (flood and cyclone).
Project Target Areas
The project will be implemented in four sub-districts under two districts of Bangladesh:
- Kurigram Sadar and Chilmari under Kurigram district, a flood prone area in northern side, and
- Munshiganj, and Kaliganj under Satkhira district, a cyclone prone area in coastal belt.
- Technical competencies required:
- At least 05 years of demonstrated experiences in implementing programs on climate resilient agriculture, climate change, disaster risk reduction, gender equality and women’s empowerment; and in formulating result-oriented program, monitoring program based on indicators and quality reporting.
- Demonstrated experiences in developing and disseminating agrometeorological information considering the geographic location, context, agriculture pattern, and nature of disaster and early warning information prior to any disaster among the women farmers, women’s CSOs, and the relevant stakeholders as a method of preparedness would consider as an asset.
- Experienced in developing module and conducting capacity building training to the women led CSOs and the women farmers at the community level on gender responsive climate resilient agriculture.
- Proven experience to establish a network among the women farmers, market stakeholders, local agriculture officers, and women led CSOs to get access to the market to enhance their income through increased production.
- Demonstrates commitment to working with women and girls who are climate vulnerable and economically, politically, socially, culturally, or otherwise excluded, marginalized, and/or disempowered.
- Operational competencies required:
- Demonstrated track record of supporting UN and I/NGOs.
- Organizational profile having adequate permanent human resources and other office equipment and logistic support.
- Financial Capability should be shown as financial turnover supported by a registered audit firm for the last three years.
For more information, visit https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/programme-implementation/2021/04/call-for-proposals-cfp-bgd-2021-001-