The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in Ukraine together with the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine invites everyone to participate in an innovative competition to find creative IT solutions to strengthen and develop communities in Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
The EastCode National IT Solutions Competition for Eastern Ukrainian Communities is a call for action to increase research, new developments and projects in technology that will help transform Ukrainian communities into thriving digital communities.
The digital transformation of communities is relevant, as local authorities along the line of contact, where physical movement is restricted, need special adaptive tools in the areas of e-democracy, access to services and the environment.
Participants individually or with a team can submit ideas in the following areas:
- Effective governance and increased citizen participation in decision-making: Innovative ideas for overcoming digital inequality, developing digital skills and involving the most vulnerable in the development of local programs and strategies.
- Environmental protection and sustainable local development: Introduction of complex ecological online visualizations (mapping) and monitoring systems. Services for tracking sources of potential radiation hazard, waste collection and disposal, air quality, water status, etc.
- Modern tools for bringing public services closer to community residents: Maximum accessibility of social and administrative services to the population affected by the armed conflict, including people crossing the CPVR.
- Winning projects will be able to receive a grant to implement their ideas from the UN Peacebuilding and Reconstruction Program (grant amount can range from $ 5,000 to $ 10,000 depending on the idea and geography of the project) and support in drawing up a grant application.
- Developers, designers, marketers, activists, representatives of local authorities and businesses are invited to submit the idea of a new service or startup to address current issues of local development in eastern Ukraine.
Projects will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Innovation. Projects will be evaluated for their novelty and manufacturability of the proposed solutions.
- Social impact. Applications must correspond to the theme of the competition, be relevant and have a positive impact on residents of communities in eastern Ukraine.
- Realism. The best projects should have clear business plans, implementation strategies and measurable performance indicators.
- Scalability. Preference will be given to solutions that will be able to scale in both oblasts or throughout the country.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/35jm4x9