UNDP is calling proposals for the Social Cohesion Programme to improve the enabling environment for peace and social cohesion in all areas of Iraq and facilitate locally driven solutions and support the integration of conflict sensitivity and social cohesion into Iraq’s governance, stabilization, and development agendas.
The media and advocacy component of the programme seeks to improving media’s potential to promote positive narratives and increasing people’s understanding of each other. It will address segregation, insecurity and resultant risks of violence and extremism and media’s potential to positively inform attitudes and perceptions.
Efforts will target media institutions and media professionals to be supported to improve conflict sensitive content generation and reportage and strengthen positive social cohesion narratives.
- The implementation of the Project shall last for one year for the date of signing the contract with the target being to complete all the activities within this period.
The applicant organizations must have the following minimum expertise and experience:
- Proven knowledge and understanding of media issues in Iraq, with an emphasis on managing and producing content on different social media platforms, an understanding to the role of citizen journalism and social cohesion issues, youth and women empowerment and countering violent extremism and hate speech on social media platforms especially in the targeted locations (Baghdad, Anbar, Ninawa, Salah al-Din, Diyala, Najaf, Karbala, Dhi Qar, and KR-I).
- Proven expertise and experience in working on media training and capacity building for journalists and social media influencers and bloggers, strong ability and experience to facilitate and report high level meetings and discussion.
- Proven technical expertise and experience in the design, implementation, and management of media development project using innovative ways.
- Proven expertise and experience in working on conflict sensitivity and gender programming, with experience in reducing violence, re-establishing peace, and enhancing collaborative relations among different groups in Iraq through media, particularly with, peace activists, youth and women.
- Proven organizational management expertise, including on administration, finance, human resources, procurement and operations.
- Proven, strong social capital and partnerships with local organizations, networks and movements (particularly those working on issues relevant to this TOR) in the target locations specified in this TOR, and the proven ability to create formal working relationships to collaboratively implement this project.
- A minimum of 5 years of active experience, undertaking similar work in Iraq with a wide range of stakeholders.
- The applicant organizations must be non-profit non-governmental organizations (NGOs) experienced in media with focus on Iraq and MENA region, with Registration with the Federal Government of Iraq and preferable the Kurdish Regional Government. Without the Federal Government of Iraq Registrations, the submission will not be deemed eligible.
- Qualified local NGOs are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=78197