UNDRR has announced the applications for the School Safety Programme towards a Culture of Disaster Prevention in Korea to support the implementation, monitoring and review of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 in coherence with the 2030 Agenda and other instruments, for the multihazard management of disaster risk in development and the substantial reduction of disaster risk and losses.
The purpose of this grant is to contribute to the work of United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction in Northeast Asia by scaling up the School Safety Programme: Towards a Culture of Disaster Prevention in Korea through the collaboration with an implementing partner. It aims to raise the level of awareness and understanding of disaster risk reduction for children and develop capacity of the implementing partner to deliver the programme in effective and sustainable manner on behalf of UNDRR.
The duration of the proposed project cannot exceed 6 months. The maximum amount requested from UNDRR for the implementation of this project cannot exceed 63,000 USD.
The project will contribute to helping children better understand disaster risk reduction and how to become more resilient to disasters. It also helps safety education instructors of the implementing partner develop their capacity to become a DRR educator and continue to deliver the programme in sustainable and coherent manner.
- Activity 1: Training of Trainers
- Activity 2: Selection of participating schools
- Activity 3: Conduct UNDRR ONEA & GETI’s School Safety Programme in selected schools
- Activity 4: Survey result and analysis
Projects’ activities can include, amongst others, the following:
- seminars, workshops, trainings;
- capacity building activities;
- institutional strengthening activities and
The following types of activity will not be covered:
- capital expenditure, e.g. land, buildings, equipment and vehicles;
- individual scholarships for studies or training courses;
- supporting political parties; and
For more information, visit https://www.undrr.org/vacancy/2021-003-call-proposals-school-safety-programme-towards-culture-disaster-prevention-korea