The Chronicle Sunshine Fund is a North East based charity that enhances the lives of local children with disabilities by funding equipment to meet their specialist needs.
They support babies, children and young adults up until their 19th birthday by funding equipment such as specialist beds, wheelchairs, trikes, IT and sensory equipment that is not available through the NHS, local authorities or any other sources.
Examples of specialist equipment they have funded in the past includes:
- IT equipment
- Profiling beds
- Specialised seating
- Sensory equipment
- Hydrotherapy equipment
The beneficiary must:
- Be aged 18 or under.
- Be an individual child/siblings with disabilities or an organisation* that supports children with disabilities.
- Not have applied in the last 12 months.
- Live in the following areas: Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, County Durham.
- Equipment to anyone aged 19 and over
- Assistance for holidays/trips
- Contributions to general fundraising appeals
- Garden/home renovation or improvement
- Travel or car lease
- Childcare costs
- Professional fees/costs
- Training/College Fees
- Insurance & extended warranties
- Any equipment that can be funded through the NHS or Local Authority
For more information, visit https://www.thesunshinefund.org/apply