The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) is seeking applications for funding for the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program.
2021 JAG Program is designed to provide states with additional personnel, equipment, supplies, contractual support, training, technical assistance, and information systems for criminal justice.
Although the JAG Program provides assistance directly to states, through pass-through (and similar) requirements, the JAG Program also is designed to assist units of local government with respect to their criminal justice needs.
Uses of JAG Funds
JAG funds awarded to a state under this FY 2021 solicitation may be used to:
- Enforce state and local laws that establish offenses and/or improve the functioning of the criminal justice system, with emphasis on violent crime and serious offenses, by providing additional personnel, equipment, training, technical assistance, and information systems for the more widespread apprehension, prosecution, adjudication, detention, and rehabilitation of persons who violate these laws, and assist the victims of such crimes (other than compensation).
- Support projects related to preventing, detecting, seizing, and/or stopping the presence and use of contraband cellphones by detainees and inmates. This includes the purchasing of managed access systems and other mitigation technologies (as permitted by applicable law).
- Purchase fentanyl detection equipment and training for law enforcement safety, as well as naloxone distribution.
- Purchase drug detection canines to combat the rise of drug trafficking, including that of methamphetamines.
- Anticipated Total Amount to be Awarded Under Solicitation: $186,979,951.00
- Anticipated Maximum Dollar Amount of Awards: $19,447,453.00
- Anticipated Number of Awards: 56
- Period of Performance Duration (Months): 48
- State governments, Other.
- By law, for purposes of the JAG Program, the term “states” includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=334041