The Alliance Healthcare Foundation is pleased to launch the 2021 Imperial Valley Mission Support to recognize the importance and value of focusing on the quality of life for the residents of the Imperial County and want to support the work that many organizations are doing to address the health and wellness challenges that the people of Imperial County are disproportionately facing.
By prioritizing the Mission Support funding in communities with the greatest social and health inequities, further exposed by COVID-19, Imperial Valley Wellness Foundation (IVWF) aims to support the following:
- Food insecurity and healthy eating
- Active living and physical activity
- Mental health
- Emotional health
- Safe and healthy living neighborhoods
- Social health
- Programs that focus on the awareness and prevention of asthma, prenatal care, diabetes, and obesity
- Health and wellness programs that benefit children, disadvantaged students, farm workers, homeless, LGBTQ, low-income families, seniors and veterans
Priority will be given to organizations that:
- are focused on communities with the greatest health and social inequities, further exposed by COVID-19, and whose efforts are led or informed by the communities;
- have an explicit commitment to equity (in all its forms);
- can demonstrate/describe evidence of measurable results, and
- are working upstream to address social determinants of health and/or systems change focused on reducing social/health inequities.
- Award Type and Amount: The Foundation will be awarding one-year, unrestricted general operating grants ranging from $5,000 – $25,000 per recipient.
- The 2021 Mission Support fund total is $200,000.
This Mission Support application is for nonprofit organizations serving primarily Imperial County. Preference will be given to organizations based in Imperial County.
To qualify for IVWF’s 2021 San Diego Mission Support, your organization must:
- be a 501(c)(3) or have a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor;
- serve regions in Imperial County, and
- be aligned with IVWF’s mission of advancing health and wellness for the most vulnerable in Imperial County, who often experience inequities in health and social outcomes.
For more information, visit https://alliancehealthf.submittable.com/submit/f22ff446-b076-459b-bd93-1ed16519d868/2021-imperial-valley-mission-support-application