The Community Foundation of Howard County is seeking proposals for the 2021 Strategic Grants and General Grants Program.
The Community Foundation conducted 16 community conversations in Howard County to hear the issues citizens feel are important to the future well-being and growth of the communities. They are seeking applications that make significant progress in one of these aspirations prioritized by you and your neighbors:
- Mentally Healthy, Safe, and Drug-Free: This includes support of criminal justice initiatives, affordable housing, shelters, mental health, and substance abuse services (bilingual services for care), removing barriers (includes transportation) to access services, family strengthening initiatives, safe housing, job training and education for those struggling with behavioral health and substance abuse issues.
- Progressive, Growing, Vibrant, and Economically Healthy: This includes community development, workforce diversity, and skills, workforce development, education, building an innovative and diverse business environment, affordable housing, transportation, and quality of place initiatives.
- Inclusive, Supportive, Connected, Engaging, and Culturally Diverse: This includes initiatives that encourage inclusiveness, cultural diversity, connectedness, and bilingual services, collaborative activities, socioeconomic interaction initiatives, diversity in community outreach, human rights programs, and accessibility for all to resources.
General Grants: It includes grants for nonprofit capacity building.
- Health & Medical — to include the support of health and medical-related programs.
- Social Services — to include the support of human service organizations, programs for children and youth and services to the aged;
- Education — to include support for programs in pre-school, elementary and secondary education, post-secondary education, scholarships and for special education programs;
- Cultural Affairs — to include the support of programs and facilities which are designed to establish a diversified county cultural program that offers widespread participation and appreciation;
- Civic Affairs — to include support of programs related to criminal justice, community development, employment, citizen involvement, leadership training, and other general community activities;
- Community Beautification — to include the support of projects that advocate, stimulate and support community vitality, beautification/environmental preservation and adornment.
- The Foundation welcomes grant applications from any 501(c)3 organization that is doing work to make our community a better place.
- Grants will be made only to organizations whose programs benefit the residents of Howard County and preference will be given to those projects that have high visibility in the community.
- Grants will be made only to organizations that provide for a responsible fiscal agent and adequate accounting procedures.
For more information, visit http://www.cfhoward.org/schedule.html#gsc.tab=0