The Department of the Interior, Bureau of Reclamation, Policy, and Administration is pleased to announce the 2021 WaterSMART-Applied Science Grants Program.
The objective of this NOFO is to invite eligible non-Federal entities to leverage their money and resources by cost-sharing with Reclamation on applied science projects to develop hydrologic information and water management tools and improve modeling and forecasting capabilities. Results from these projects will be used by water managers to increase water supply reliability, provide flexibility in water operations, and improve water management. Project results must be readily applicable by water managers, resulting in tools and information that can be used to support: water supply reliability, management of water deliveries, water marketing activities, drought management activities, conjunctive use of ground and surface water, water rights administration, ability to meet endangered species requirements, watershed health, conservation and efficiency, and other water management objectives.
- Up to $200,000 in Federal funds per agreement provided through this NOFO will be available for projects that generally should be completed within 2 years from the date of the award.
- Applicants eligible to receive an award under this NOFO include:
- Category A
- States, Indian Tribes, irrigation districts, and water districts;
- State, regional, or local authorities, which include one or more organizations with water or power delivery authority as members; and
- Other organizations with water or power delivery authority.
- To be eligible, applicants must also be located in one of the following States or Territories: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.
- Category B: Universities, nonprofit research institutions, federally funded research and development centers, and non-profit entities (including 501[c] organizations).
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331404