The Grand Traverse Regional Community Foundation is inviting applications for its Marsha J. Smith Community Leadership Fund to encourage and enable individuals from the Grand Traverse region to enhance their leadership skills and thereby improve the quality of life in their region today and for generations to come.
Through partnerships with donors, nonprofits, and volunteers, they have the opportunity every day to bring this wish to life by promoting philanthropy and engaging in community leadership, enriching their communities with grant dollars, and building endowments to make a lasting impact for generations to come.
- Community Development
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Early childhood Education
- Great Lakes Protection
- Youth Philanthropy
Individuals or small groups can apply for up to $1,000 to support a leadership or learning opportunity. Funding must be disbursed directly to a nonprofit, educational, or governmental organization and funds can be used for registration costs, travel, materials, etc.
Marsha J. Smith Community Leadership Fund dollars will be prioritized to:
- Support applicants that are interested in developing their leadership skills for the benefit of their community. The goal of this fund is to support individuals in their pursuit to develop and enhance their skills as a leader within their professional role, as well as the broader community and region. Requests for support for professional development specific to an applicant’s current job or role will not be considered.
- Support applicants that are interested in answering the question “How can I step more into my role as a leader in the community?”
- Requests for one time opportunities rather than annual opportunities.
- Organizations or individuals that plan to contribute partial funding toward the overall cost of the opportunity.
For more information, visit https://www.gtrcf.org/grants/marsha-j-smith-community-leadership-fund-application.html