United Way of the Brazos Valley invites proposals from eligible organizations to impact measurable change in the Brazos Valley through collaborative efforts toward their Impact Framework goals developed from 2020 Community Impact Study findings.
The United Way of the Brazos Valley is committed to investing resources, building collaborations, and advocating on issues in the Brazos Valley to achieve lasting change on significant community issues.
- Grants will be awarded based on alignment with United Way’s Impact Framework with awards ranging from $7,500 to $55,000.
To be eligible for a Community Impact Grant, a program must:
- Be tax-exempt under Sections 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and units of government. Must provide an IRS tax ID Determination letter.
- Provide services in the Brazos Valley region of Texas (Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Leon, Madison, Robertson, and Washington counties).
- Align with at least one of our goals in the areas of health, education, and/or financial stability.
- Be governed by a board that meets at least quarterly.
- Have board approved by-laws and articles of incorporation.
- Have an annual independent audit completed by an independent CPA or if annual revenue is under $750,000, an annual financial review by an independent CPA.
Throughout the review process, applications will be weighted using the Best Investment Criteria to determine the strength of the program investment based on the following criteria:
- Alignment: Connection between program goals and United Way prioritized impact areas.
- Resources: The organization holds a physical presence (e.g. physical location or co-located staff) within counties with active United Way fundraising results.
- Service: Organization provides services throughout the entire seven-county region.
- Collaborative Efforts: Effective collaboration with multiple entities to deliver programs.
- Grant Application: Complete the application process which opens on January 11, 2021, and closes at 5 pm Central on February 10, 2021.
- Administrative Review: United Way staff will assess each set of grant application forms for completion and correct the attached supporting documents.
- Grant Application Review and Scoring: United Way Grant Review Panel Volunteers, comprised of United Way Board members and other community volunteers, will review eligible applications and recommend programs for a potential site visit. Applications will be scored based on alignment with United Way’s Impact Framework and Best Investment Criteria.
- Site Visit Evaluation: Applicants selected during the grant application review process will participate in a mandatory site visit evaluation between March 10, 2021, and April 15, 2021.
- Final Funding Recommendations: Applicants that best align with the Impact Framework will be recommended for final funding in May. The United Way Board of Directors will make the final award selections. Awarded grant applications will be notified, in writing, no later than May 31, 2021, for project implementation starting July 1, 2021.
For more information, visit https://uwbv.org/community-impact-grants/