Yesod Europe has launched the Professional Development Fund to support Jewish community professionals and educators in Europe to develop their professional skills and knowledge.
The Yesod Europe is committed to supporting the creation of vibrant, meaningful, Jewish life through strong communities driven by inspired and engaged individuals.
Funds can be used for one-to-one learning or group courses, either online or in-person. There are several types of professional development that will be considered within the terms of this fund:
- Professional skills development: Grow your personal toolkit of professional skills that are critical for success. Examples include (but are not limited to) courses for pedagogy, public speaking, experiential education, fundraising and budgeting.
- One-to-One Coaching: Work one-to-one with a professional coach in order to improve your skills, for example, in strategic planning, communication, fundraising, assertiveness, negotiation skills, management, and work-life balance. Yesod Europe will work with you to identify an excellent coach (in English or a language of your choice where possible) or you may request a specific coach. References will be required for the coach.
- Peer visits: Travel to visit a peer organization in another community and learn from their best practices as well as develop stronger networks for collaboration.
- Funds from $250 (USD) – $2,000 (USD) will be awarded, on a one-time basis, for successful applications from eligible individuals. The funds must be spent within 8 months of receiving fund confirmation from Yesod Europe.
- Funds will be paid directly to the organization, trainer or coach providing the professional development service.
- Money will not be given directly to the applicant.
Funds will be awarded to Jewish community professionals and educators who:
- Work in a paid professional capacity for 16 hours a week or more in Jewish organizations of all types that work with, and to develop, Jewish communities. This could include but is not limited to, youth organizations, Jewish Community Centres (JCCs), synagogues, schools, welfare and cultural organizations.
- Are based in a European country. Unfortunately they are unable to accept applications from the Former Soviet Union outside of the Baltic states.
- Have at least 6 months of experience working professionally in the Jewish community.
- Have not already had a successful application to this fund in the past 12 months.
Funds will not be granted for training/learning opportunities that have already taken place or for those that are already supported in other ways by Yesod Europe’s partner organisations.
For more information, visit https://yesodeurope.eu/professional-development-fund/