The U.S. Mission to Kazakhstan is pleased to announce applications for Go Viral Network & Festival to enhance regional connectivity, support economic development, and strengthen civil society in Central Asia by creating and sustaining deep partnerships among an emerging generation of innovative Central Asian thought leaders.
As Central Asian countries celebrate their 30-year anniversary, civil society is playing an increasing role in addressing local and regional challenges. However, connections between communities and countries, and access to global best practices, remains limited. The U.S. government seeks to provide a platform through which creative, motivated, civic-minded individuals across Central Asia can collaborate, forming a durable, self-sustaining network of innovators to help promote the region’s economic and social development.
- Objective 1: Build an active, engaged community among Go Viral members, facilitating increased networking and collaboration of professionals across Central Asia and internationally, including by increasing the number of member-driven events in key cities across Central Asia.
- Objective 2: Increase the ability of Go Viral members to produce constructive, “viral” content related to business, media, culture, technology, or social issues by engaging with leading social media influencers and Social Media Marketing (SMM) experts who can function as core network members, consultants, and/or trainers.
- Objective 3: Produce and amplify content that raises the profile of Go Viral members, inspires innovation, and elevates the Go Viral brand.
- Objective 4: Unite Go Viral Network members, both virtually and in person when possible, through dynamic regional and country-specific Festivals featuring leading innovators from Central Asia, the United States, and Eastern Europe.
- Estimated Total Project Funding: $600,000
- Estimated Award Ceiling: $600,000
- Estimated Award Floor: $500,000
Project Audiences: Civic-minded Central Asian influencers (ages 16-40); media professionals
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations
- For-profit organizations
- Civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=333048