The Upper Lachlan Shire Council is pleased to announce the opening of the 2021/22 Cultural Activity Funding Program.
The aim of the Upper Lachlan Cultural Funding Program is to support new initiatives in the Upper Lachlan local government area through small grants which:
- Assist locally determined community cultural activities;
- Increase opportunities for Upper Lachlan based groups to access a diverse range of arts and/or cultural programs;
- Enable communities to explore and express their cultural identities;
- Bring social and economic benefits to the community through, training, employment and promotional opportunities; and
- Lead to greater awareness and appreciation of cultural diversity.
- Funding is to assist communities to establish new initiatives. A limited number of grants of up to $1000 are available primarily for wages/fees, travel, accommodation and materials.
- Some other costs associated with the project may be included but artist’s fees and expenses are the main focus of the program.
- New community initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Film events
- Artist-in-residence programs
- Public art and design projects
- Fundraising events to raise funds towards further cultural / arts activity
- Arts and cultural directories
- Purchase of arts / cultural equipment for the ongoing use of the community (i.e data project and screen for film screening, music equipment for children’s access).
- Incorporated not-for-profit organisations and school P&C committees; or
- Groups/ensembles and unincorporated associations with a nominated auspicing body
Applications that are assessed favorably will best demonstrate:
- Development of arts and cultural activity within communities;
- Extension of knowledge, community participation in and / or audiences for cultural activities;
- Evidence of adequate planning and capacity to manage the project; and
- Evidence of consultation with and support from the community i.e. letters of support and involvement
For more information, visit https://www.upperlachlan.nsw.gov.au/news/upper-lachlan-cultural-funding-program-open-2021/22