PAS Mozambique invites proposals for programs that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Mozambique through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation.
All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas
- Entrepreneurship: Promoting good business practices and providing business training for young entrepreneurs.
- Countering Violent Extremism: Fostering community resilience to terrorism and violent extremism in Cabo Delgado.
- English language: Increasing access to virtual English learning.
- Women’s empowerment: Providing established and emerging female leaders with the tools needed to advance their community’s needs.
- Length of performance period: 06 to 12 months.
- A maximum number of awards anticipated: 05 awards (dependent on the availability of funds).
- Award amounts: Each award may range from a minimum of $5,000.00 to a maximum of $50,000.00.
- Total available funding: $100,000.00.
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Non-U. S Entities:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience.
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions.
- Governmental institutions.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331432