The Palladium is implementing a program, funded by the United States for International Development (USAID) and is seeking qualified sources to implement activities that will respond to the economic effects of the novel Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) in Sri Lanka.
The purpose of this funding opportunity notice (FON) is to solicit applications/proposals from interested parties, wishing to receive funding from the CATALYZE Innovative Blended Finance (CATALYZE) program.
The Activity will strengthen competitiveness of SMES, catalyze financing for enterprises using new approaches to transaction origination and demand side support, and support financial institutions including banks and investors to expand services. As the Activity identifies and strengthens investment opportunities, it can also provide transaction advisory services to facilitate large inbound investment from regional and international funds.
The CATALYZE Blended Finance Mechanism is a $250 Million, 8-year contract (5-year base period, with a single 3-year option period) which uses a facilitated partnership model to craft solutions to crowd in $2 Billion in blended finance (i.e. blended concessional and commercial finance) to USAID partner countries and initiatives.
The USAID/Sri Lanka Private Sector Development (PSD) Activity is a 5-year, $19.5 million program designed to bolster SMEs in high growth potential sectors, as well as bolster women’s labor force participation in Sri Lanka.
- Strengthen SME competitiveness in target sectors;
- Expand FI service to SMEs;
- Increase women’s labor force participation;
- COVID-19 response.
- Awards may not exceed USD $250,000 for Sri Lankan and international organizations.
- Submission of DUNS in the application/proposal unless exemption applies (awards less than $25,000 performed by foreign entities overseas).
- Offeror is legally registered as a non-for profit or for-profit organization in accordance with the laws of Sri Lanka and is in good standing, legally licensed and up to date on all applicable taxes
- Offeror has certified that it is not affiliated with any political party nor engaged in any partisan activities.
- Offeror submits all mandatory documents prior the deadline stipulated in the FON.
- Offeror has certified that it is receptive to participate in learning opportunities and commitment to participate in capacity building.
For more information, visit https://thepalladiumgroup.com/tender/Funding-Opportunity-Notice-Innovative-Concepts-for-COVID-19-Economic-Relief-and-Adaptation-in-Sri-Lanka