The United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Mission in Egypt (USAID/Egypt) is seeking applications for a cooperative agreement from qualified entities to implement the Business Egypt Activity.
The goal of Business Egypt is to expand the quality and quantity of job opportunities, especially for women and youth, and to increase sales revenues and investment in the local market. The activity will support the establishment, growth, and competitiveness of productive and innovative startups and promising micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) by creating a vibrant and high functioning ecosystem of competitive innovative enabling institutions that accelerate economic development in Egypt.
Business Egypt should achieve expected results that contribute to USAID/Egypt Development Objective “Inclusive economic development accelerated” as measured by new firms, revenue growth, investments, and generation of employment opportunities as a result of USAID-assistance. Women should account for at least 50 percent of target beneficiaries served by USAID-supported entities by the fifth year.
- USAID/Egypt intends to award one Cooperative Agreement pursuant to this notice of funding opportunity. Subject to funding availability and at the discretion of the Agency, USAID/Egypt intends to provide $34-37 million in total USAID/Egypt funding over a five year period.
The Business Egypt activity will be expected to complement and leverage USAID’s related economic activities and resources. These include the following activities:
- Sustainable Services Activity (SSA)
- WISE / Workforce Egypt
- Trade Reform and Development in Egypt (TRADE)
- Macroeconomic Stabilization and Reform (MESR)
- Economic Governance
- University Centers for Career Development
- Egypt’s Agribusiness Activities
- Value Investment in Sustainable Integrated Tourism in Esna (VISIT-Esna)
- Integrated Management of Cultural Tourism (IMCT)
- USAID/Egypt welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=332479