The purpose of the USAID Youth Development Activity is to solicit concept notes from interested organizations for a new youth workforce development activity in Turkmenistan. The USAID Youth Development Activity should focus on supporting a wide range of Turkmen youth, including secondary school students, students pursuing higher education, vocational students, and first-time job holders, to become productive, well-adjusted members of the modern Turkmen workforce and their communities.
The objectives of the program are:
- To strengthen education institutions and skills providers better positioned to train Turkmen youth for future employment;
- To enable Turkmen youth with the relevant knowledge, skills, and attitudes to obtain gainful employment in the public and private sector or start their own business.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $3,750,000.
- U.S. and non-U.S. public, private, for-profit, and non-profit organizations, as well as institutions of higher education (especially minority-serving institutions), public international organizations, and non-governmental organizations are eligible to submit a concept note. Further, the organization must be a legally recognized organizational entity in the country where it operates.
- USAID values the participation of the U.S. higher education community in this activity. U.S. Higher Education
- Institutions (HEIs) are key partners for developing solutions to development challenges, by serving as intellectual hubs for knowledge, research support, and innovation.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331320