The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Youth Excel, Leading Change program is seeking an experienced evaluation partner from a country receiving USAID assistance to conduct a mid-term evaluation of its global positive youth development and implementation research activities.
The evaluation partner will collaborate with IREX to conduct the mid-term evaluation, which will be a performance evaluation with the main goals of identifying Youth Excel’s progress towards its intermediate outcomes and determining key lessons learned, which will inform course-corrections and/or adaptations for the remaining years of project implementation.
- Local youth-led and youth-serving organizations will improve and sustain positive outcomes for youth
- Local youth-led and youth-serving organizations will advance local, national, and global development agendas
Funding & Duration Information
- One award is available for up to $250,000 for 6 months from October 2022 to March 2023.
To achieve goals and outcomes and subsequently elevate and sustain youth-led development, Youth Excel’s main activities include,
- co-creating a gender-responsive PYD IR toolkit;
- catalyzing youth-led, issue based networks to use IR to tackle cross-sectoral challenges while building capacity in IR and digital leadership and advocacy skills;
- strengthening youth researcher networks;
- facilitating inclusive youth-adult data summits,
- providing models for aligned intergenerational collaboration;
- deepening engagement and commitment by the public and private sector in youth-led research and learning;
- disseminating learning and evidence broadly;
- co-creating collaborative advocacy agendas; and
- linking youth to global platforms while iteratively learning and adapting our approaches
- Improved performance of local youth-led or youth-serving partners in implementation research to strengthen PYD programming
- Increased engagement by relevant local and national stakeholders in youth-led implementation research to support PYD outcomes
- Improved synthesis, dissemination, and integration of findings from research into programming among local YL/YSOs and other non-traditional partners.
- Local or locally established organizations based in countries receiving USAID assistance that meet the eligibility criteria and share Youth Excel objectives. Applicants should have capacity and experience in quantitative and qualitative research, including youth-led participatory approaches, and experience working on the Youth Excel technical areas, interventions, and targeted geographic regions. Organizations led by and serving youth, including those from marginalized groups which may include age, gender, disability, ethnicity, and other identities, are encouraged to apply.
- Legally registered, local or locally established country in an eligible country:
- Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chad, Colombia, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Eastern and Southern Caribbean, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mexico, Moldova, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Non-governmental or private organization
- Eligible to receive USAID funding:
- Able to obtain Unique Entity ID
- Able to sign ADS 303mav Certifications, Assurances, Representations, and Other Statements of the Recipient
For more information, visit https://www.irex.org/program/seeking-evaluation-partner-conduct-youth-excel-mid-term-evaluation?utm_campaign=Evaluation+Partner