Apply now for the Vermont Covid-19 Cultural Recovery Grant Program. It is a partnership between Vermont Humanities and the Vermont Arts Council to provide rapid-response funding to arts and humanities organizations facing financial hardship as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Funding for this program is provided primarily from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) and the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
Grant awards are based on organization size:
- Annual operating budget up to $250,000: $5,000 grant
- Annual operating budget between $250,000 and $750,000: $10,000 grant
- Annual operating budget larger than $750,000: $15,000 grant
Organizations serving and led by members of communities traditionally under-resourced in the arts and humanities are encouraged to apply. These groups include:
- People of color or indigenous people
- People who identify as LGBTQ+
- People who live in rural areas
- People with disabilities
- People who identify as immigrants or refugees
- People whose first (or only) language is not English
- Arts and/or humanities organizations that are incorporated in the state of Vermont with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, that comply with federal and state legal requirements, and are experiencing hardship due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic may apply. Arts and humanities organizations that operate under the umbrella of a college or university with 501c3 status may apply.
- Groups without tax-exempt status are not eligible to apply.
- Public libraries may apply for humanities-based projects only. Vermont nonprofit organizations that offer humanities programming, but are not strictly cultural organizations, may also be eligible for project support.
- Hardship due to the pandemic includes, but is not limited to:
- Risk of permanent closure
- Loss of significant revenue
- Loss of paid staff
- Loss of venue or workspace
- Organizations that received a 2020 Cultural Relief Grant from the Vermont Arts Council or Vermont Humanities and/or a Vermont Economic Recovery Grant for Cultural Organizations from the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD), or other state or federal Covid-19 relief grants, are eligible to apply for this program as well.
For more information, visit https://www.vermonthumanities.org/covid-19/cultural-recovery-grants/#Who%20May%20Apply