The ViiV Healthcare, Positive Action invites application to the round-2 funding for Momentum Grants focusing on Adolescents Mothers Living with HIV and their Children. These grants will be focused on scaling up work that has been proven to work to address the needs of Adolescent Mothers Living with HIV and their Children at the community level.
Positive Action believes that engaging local communities is critical to addressing the drivers of health and life inequalities, it therefore seeks to promote community responses that work at the level of changing beliefs, attitudes and behaviours to improve health and rights at the community level.
- Empowering, developing resilience and increasing independence of adolescent mothers living with HIV and their children.
- Creating safe and supportive communities that support adolescents’ mothers living with HIV and their children to access quality health services and to take care of their children.
- Sustained provision of quality integrated HIV/sexual and reproductive health services offered at both facility and community levels for adolescent mothers living with HIV and their children.
- Enabling environment: support to adolescent mothers to understand and increasingly demand their rights.
- The funding available is up to £ 100,000 per year up to a maximum of £ 300,000 over three years.
- Non-governmental and community-based organisations that can deliver change at a community level through their links with or representation of the communities affected especially adolescents’ girls and young people, in all their diversity.
- The project must focus on scaling up or replicating interventions that are proven to work to improve the lives and wellbeing of adolescent mothers living with HIV and their children. It cannot be a pilot project.
- Positive Action is targeted at helping communities affected by HIV and AIDS. Any properly registered not-for-profit organisation that represents, or is working with or for, affected communities is eligible to submit a proposal.
- Eligible Countries: Angola, Botswana, eSwatini, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, visit https://viivhealthcare.com/en-gb/supporting-the-community/new-positive-action-strategy-and-funding/#tab-01481534504-3