The Volant Trust is currently seeking applications from charities in the UK and internationally that demonstrate a strong focus on alleviating social deprivation and helping vulnerable groups who have been particularly impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Volant Charitable Trust is committed to other work that includes international projects, the support of single parents through Gingerbread and more recently, charities assisting groups impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic in the UK and Internationally. They acknowledge how much work goes into making an application and the Trustees are keen to help charities as much as possible prior to submitting their request for funding.
Applications for medical equipment and the production or distribution of PPE will also be considered.
Specific programme areas that they cover include support for:
- Women: Victims of sexual abuse, rape, domestic violence and those working in the sex industry; care for young mothers and those affected by postnatal depression, isolated and lone parents; community support for black and minority ethnic women and asylum seekers; support services for women prisoners and their families.
- Children and young people: Counselling, support services and outreach projects for those who are disadvantaged or deemed to be at risk through neglect, emotional and physical abuse, alcohol or drug misuse.
- Poverty and deprivation: Mental health projects for women and children; support for vulnerable families; promotion of healthy eating for families in areas of extreme deprivation.
- They deliver a funding programme which makes multi-year awards (for up to three years) of £15,000 or less per annum.
- For the other areas of funding, such as the Covid-19 response fund, any grants are made at the sole discretion of the Trustees.
To help you to determine whether your project meets the funding criteria they have put together a short series of questions.
- Is your organisation a registered charity, community interest company, community organisation or social enterprise?
- Is the project and funding required specifically related to the Covid-19 pandemic?
- Does your organisation directly help with the alleviation of social deprivation and vulnerable groups who have been particularly affected by the Covid-19 pandemic?
- Is the funding for project, running or core costs including the purchase of medical equipment or PPE in connection with the Covid-19 pandemic?
- Does your organisation have its own bank account with at least two unrelated cheque signatories?
- Are your organisation’s accounts independently audited each year?
For more information, visit https://www.volanttrust.org/how-to-apply-covid-19/