- General Grantmaking: To improve the health and quality of life for residents in Wayne County (NY), especially youth and seniors.
- Emergency Relief Grantmaking: To support nonprofit organizations in Wayne County adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- General Grantmaking: The typical grant size for general Wayne County Community Endowment grant ranges from $1,000 to $5,000. Grants under $1,000 also will be considered. Service providers may be granted up to $5,000 per calendar year.
- Emergency Relief Grantmaking: The maximum request is $2,500.
The Wayne County Community Endowment Fund has limited resources and looks for opportunities to provide small amounts of money that significantly impact community-based programs during their general grantmaking round. The grant preference is for agencies, projects, and programs that:
- Benefit Wayne County residents;
- Demonstrate that the project can be sustained;
- Measure the project’s success and its results in the community;
- Focus on important community quality of life issues and needs;
- Focus on new or expanded projects, not continued support of on-going projects.
Emergency Relief Grantmaking
Requests that will be considered may address:
- Change in operations due to the pandemic;
- Immediate/emergency supplies (food pantry items, PPE, etc.);
- Providing emergency relief/support to Wayne County residents;
- Other needs for non-profits and/or residents of Wayne County that have manifested due to the pandemic.
All applicants must be a 501(c)(3) organization or sponsored by a charitable, nonprofit organization and serving Wayne County.
For more information, visit https://www.racf.org/grant/wayne-county-community-endowment/