Nominations are now open for the Wellcome Early-Career Awards to provide funding for early-career researchers from any discipline who are ready to develop their research identity.
Through innovative projects, they will deliver shifts in understanding that could improve human life, health and wellbeing. By the end of the award, they will be ready to lead their own independent research programme.
- Level of funding:
- Salary and up to £400,000 for research expenses
- Duration of funding:
- Usually 5 years, but may be less for some disciplines, and longer if held on a part-time basis
Where your host organisation is based?
- You can apply to this scheme if you are an early-career researcher and you are ready to design, plan and deliver your own innovative research project that aims to:
- advance understanding in your field
- develop methodologies, conceptual frameworks, tools or techniques that could benefit health-related research.
- During the award, they expect you to:
- expand your technical skills and/or your experience of different research methodologies or frameworks
- build a collaborative network with other researchers in your field
- develop your people management skills
- advance your understanding of how to complete research responsibly and promote a positive and inclusive culture.
For more information, visit https://wellcome.org/grant-funding/schemes/early-career-awards#how-to-apply-ebb4