Wijhat is seeking applications for its Grant Program to contribute to the definition of culture and art from the Arab region, whether at the regional or international level, by providing travel support for artists and cultural actors from the Arab region with the aim of participating in events inside and outside the region that allow them to present their works to a diverse audience in a global, regional and local context. Broad, as well as with the aim of exchanging experiences and knowledge between artists, building capacities, or traveling to produce or develop art projects.
The program offers 25 to 30 scholarships every year, over 3 sessions , and the scholarship covers the following items:
- Travel Tickets
- The cost of the visa
- Accommodation support and partial support for living costs
- A letter of recommendation from the Cultural Resource Foundation to the concerned embassy aiming to support the visa application, when needed.
- The Destinations Program is a program created by the Cultural Resource Foundation to integrate the “dates” and “roaming” programs. The destinations program is designed to benefit artists and cultural actors from the Arab region by offering grants of up to $ 8,000 each, as a maximum, to support mobility and travel, whether within the Arab region or to any country around the world, allowing grant recipients to exhibit their work. In front of a new audience and delve into the experiences of cultural exchange of all kinds.
What Activities does it include?
All events that allow the artist and cultural actor benefiting from the program to develop his skills and abilities and present his works to a new audience and potential partners who can positively influence the development of his work in the future. These events include:
- Art and cultural festivals
- Technical residencies
- Forums, conferences and seminars
- Workshops aiming at creative and artistic production
- Training and capacity building workshops
- The applicant must be from one of the Arab countries (of all ethnicities and without exception non-citizens)
- Residency in an Arab country is not required, provided that the country of departure or arrival is an Arab country
- The scholarship is available for individuals, groups and teams
- The scholarship targets artists from all artistic fields: live arts, visual arts, literature, music, etc.
- The grant targets cultural actors: independents, members, or workers in cultural initiatives or institutions
- Examples of the scholarship target are: dramatists, musicians, writers, cultural directors, cultural researchers, curators, etc.
- Travel requests for those under the age of 18 are not accepted. However, requests can be submitted on their behalf from other adults, provided that the application is accompanied by the consent of their parents or guardian.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3dx8sCN