The Douglas County Community Foundation (DCCF) is seeking applications for its Winter Family Fund Grants Program to make a meaningful difference in the lives of at-risk and vulnerable populations with an emphasis on at-risk and vulnerable children and families, particularly in the designated geographic areas of Douglas County, Franklin County and Johnson County in Kansas and in Taos County, New Mexico.
- No less than seventy percent (70%) of all Grants from the Winter Family Fund shall be limited to eligible organizations or charities which provide services to targeted populations located in Douglas County, Franklin County and Johnson County, Kansas and in Taos County in New Mexico.
- No less than eighty percent (80%) of all annual donations from the Winter Family Fund shall be limited to organizations that focus on children, youth and families that are disadvantaged, vulnerable or at-risk.
- It is permissible for donations to be made to charitable organizations that do not meet this specific description but only on condition that the grants to such organizations are specifically targeted and limited for services for children, youth and families that are disadvantaged, vulnerable or at-risk. Grant request applications or proposals will be reviewed by the Directors to determine suitability for support from the Winter Family Fund.
- Proposals must come from a 501(c)(3) entity, tribal organization or governmental agency. Applicants must conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or national origin.
Successful applicants will:
- Fully complete the Winter Family Fund Grant Proposal Application and provide requested attachments.
- Demonstrate how the organization and proposal will meet and advance the Mission of the Winter Family Fund.
- Show a collaborative spirit, working with other community partners and volunteers, where possible.
- Not be used to support ongoing general operating expenses.
- Not be used to support ongoing litigation, annual campaigns, event sponsorships, fundraising events, lobbying or political activities, debt retirement or endowment funds.
For more information, visit https://www.dccfoundation.org/winter-family-fund-grants.cfm