The Pact is inviting applications for its Women Entrepreneurs Act (WE Act) Project to empower women and youth, especially Young Women Entrepreneurs (YWEs), to access their socio-economic rights as expressed in Cambodian law.
WE Act will primarily target young women between the ages of 15 and 35, with the aim of providing them with information, skills, and resources they require to be successful entrepreneurs and leaders, and to help break down the barriers that often prevent them from succeeding in the current context.
The information session will be held on November 26th, 2020 in Battambang office from 3.30 to 4.30 p.m., and on December 3rd, 2020 in Pact Cambodia office in Phnom Penh from 2.00 to 4.00 pm both Khmer and English with online attendance optional for applicants based in other provinces.
On August 15, 2018 Pact began implementation of the five year, USAID-funded, WE Act project. The project aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Women and youth access the knowledge, tools, and resources necessary to succeed in the marketplace and labor force.
- Young Cambodians increase their constructive civic engagement around socio-economic issues.
The WE Act Project focuses on urban areas:Phnom Penh; Siem Reap; Battambang; Kampong Cham; Kampot and Sihanoukville/Kep province.
Pact is issuing a Request for Applications (RFA) that focuses on the following themes and is responsive to the needs of young women entrepreneurs and youth between 15 and 35, enabling them to benefit from a meaningful capacity development and to engage around economic and/or social issues that are important in their lives.
- Theme 1-Strengthening Youth Leadership for Constructive Civic Engagement
- Theme 2- Promoting Responsive Governance to Youth and YWEs’ needs
- Theme 3- Strengthening Business Networks
- Theme 4- Strengthening Business Skill Development
- Pact anticipates awarding multiple grant awards (8 to 15 awards) to successful applicants with an estimated budget between $25,000.00 and $80,000.00 USD for a period of performance of up to twelve months.
- This call is open to registered and non-registered entities, including non-profit, or for-profit entities, that have established activities in Cambodia.
- To be minimally eligible for funding, applicants must provide full, accurate, and complete information and comply with the following conditions:
- Submit a concept note using the template, which can be no longer than 5 pages excluding the cover page. Pact will not review concept notes that exceed the 5-page limit;
- Have previous experience not less than one year working on relevant concept initiatives;
- Have current geographic coverage where program activities will take place or prior experience in that area with the ability to quickly begin implementation;
- Must follow all instructions provided in this RFA;
- Be submitted by the deadline as stated in the RFA.
- In addition, seek partners who are ready to adhere to partnership principles:
- Have expertise and experience in WE Act focus areas;
- Have a vision and objectives in line with WE Act mission;
- Be willing to demonstrate impact of the activities undertaken during the partnership;
- Ensure sustainability of their work;
- Embrace learning and adaptation;
- Implement demand-driven approaches to ensure services are catered to their target groups;
- Willingness to engage into a strong cooperative working relationship with Pact.
For more information, visit https://weactcambodia.org/work-with-us/we-act-funding-opportunity/