Breakthrough Initiative Grants from Woods Charitable Fund support promising and groundbreaking new programs, collaborations, and/or organizational best practices in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Funded projects could address challenges or needs of broad relevance to Lincoln or a very significant challenge affecting a small but unique and vulnerable population in Lincoln. A proposed project could test a specific, innovative new response to an identified problem with a commitment to make the findings widely and openly accessible.
Those applying may propose activities or approaches that involve risk-taking, as long as the risk is balanced by the significant potential for improvement for the nonprofits and the populations they serve.
- In 2021, these competitive grants ranging from $100,000 to $300,000 per year will be awarded to one or more selected projects, with multi-year funding possible.
- Applying for a Breakthrough grant will not exclude a nonprofit organization from also applying for WCF’s traditional funding awards during its regular grant cycles in May and November.
- For this grant cycle, the Woods Charitable Fund will only accept inquiries for funding from nonprofit organizations that have previously received WCF grants.
- Nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status located in Lincoln, Nebraska, or with a proposal directly benefiting Lincoln are eligible to apply. If the project is a collaboration, partnering organizations must submit evidence of support. University or government entities may collaborate as partners on a project but cannot serve as the project’s lead agency.
- The proposed project must fit within WCF’s traditional funding interest areas: Arts & Culture, Civic & Community, Education, and Human Services.
For more information, visit http://woodscharitable.org/breakthrough-grants/