The World Bank Group (WBG) is seeking applications for its Youth Summit 2021 which is an affiliate of the Youth-to-Youth (Y2Y) network, the largest volunteer organization at the WBG, which aims to inspire and empower youth within and outside the institution.
The 2021 Word Bank Youth Summit Competition awards the most cutting-edge idea that supports either of the two youth summit themes listed below:
- A Resilient recovery for the People: Empowers people in fighting the consequences of the pandemic and addresses growing inequality in societies
- A Resilient recovery for the Planet: Provides sustainable solutions to support the halt of climate change.
The primary goals of the Summit are to:
- Empower youth to explore innovative ideas to tackle development challenges?
- Provide youth with the tools to build and engage in impactful projects?
- Promote dialogue between youth, the WBG, and other key stakeholders globally
What’s in it for you?
- Be mentored by Youth Summit 2019 finalists and World Bank experts
- Network with leading professionals and young social entrepreneurs around the world
- Participate and learn in events and workshops
The competition is open to teams of 1 to 5 individuals aged 18 to 35. Participants must be nationals from World Bank member countries. Participants can be students, as well as people in the work force or any other occupation. No prior experience in any particular field or topic is necessary. You need to be committed to implement the solution after the competition. Diverse team compositions are advised, but not required.
For more information, visit https://www.worldbank.org/en/events/2021/01/28/world-bank-youth-summit-2021-resilient-recovery-for-people-and-planet