The Government of Yukon is offering Youth Investment Fund (YIF) to provide financial support to short-term projects aimed at youth under 19 with fewer opportunities or who experience a form of discrimination.
Common project themes include:
- Youth leadership development and training initiatives
- Substance abuse prevention
- Peer mentoring
- Skill development programs
- Recreation and physical activities
- Youth camps
- Reduction or prevention of bullying
- Organizations can apply for up to $5,000 (per project).
Eligible programs should:
- promote self-esteem;
- encourage development of positive lifestyle choices;
- create social or recreational opportunities; and
- adhere to any recommendations related to coronavirus (COVID-19), such as social distancing.
A Yukon not for profit organization that is a legal entity can apply. These include:
- Registered non-profit organizations in good standing
- Municipalities and incorporated communities
- First Nation governments
- School councils / boards
For more information, visit https://yukon.ca/en/apply-youth-investment-fund