Youthtown Inc. is inviting not for profit organisation for the Youthtown Grant Program that empowers young New Zealanders to be the best they can be. The organisation designs and delivers initiatives that engage and develop young New Zealanders.
Youthtown will fund
Grants that meet Youthtown Inc.’s Authorised Purpose:
- Development and operation of Youthtown programmes and facilities
- Encouragement and development of amateur youth sport and facilities in established and legally constituted sporting organisations
- Encouragement and development of youth outdoors and cultural activities or programmes (including art, music and drama) and facilities in legally constituted organisations in community
- Financial support for community based organizations that provide direct or indirect benefits to groups of youth
- Any charitable purpose or any non-commercial purpose that is beneficial to the whole or a section of the community
- Retrospective expenditure
- Any venture where a Youthtown Inc. venue makes a clear commercial benefit from the grant
- Private, commercial or political purposes
- Projects that have already been funded by another source
- Multi-year grants
- Professional sports or non-affiliated or social sports clubs or teams
- Affiliation fees, memberships or subscriptions
- Prizes – cash or non-cash
- The horse-racing industry.
- Not-for-profit groups incorporated as a charitable organisation or an association promoting charitable purposes.
- Incorporated regional and community not-for-profit groups in the areas where the funds were generated.
- Any amateur sports organisation which is an incorporated regional or community not for profit group that is affiliated to a recognised national body.
- They fund incorporated national organisations where the national organisation has clearly demonstrated that regional and community benefits will result from the grant.
- Only one successful grant application can be made by an organisation each year unless the Grants Committee (for grants up to $50,000), or the Board (for grants over $50,000) decide otherwise. This does not preclude local or regional bodies making applications where the national organisation has been the recipient of a successful grant application.
- At the discretion of Youthtown Inc, a successful recipient of a grant greater than $50,000 may be required to provide evidence of the community benefit generated by the granted funds.
For more information, visit https://www.youthtownfunding.org.nz/webpages/before-you-apply/