The Youthtown Trust is now seeking applications for its Grant Program.
Gaming machine net proceeds shall be applied to the following authorised purpose(s):
- Development and operation of Youthtown programmes and facilities;
- Encouragement and development of amateur youth sport and facilities in established and legally constituted sporting organisations;
- Financial support for community-based organisations that provide direct or indirect benefits to youth.
- Only one successful grant application can be made by an organisation each year unless the Grants Committee (for grants up to $50,000), or the Board (for grants over $50,000) decide otherwise. This does not preclude local or regional bodies making applications where the national organisation has been the recipient of a successful grant application.
- At the discretion of Youthtown Inc, a successful recipient of a grant greater than $50,000 may be required to provide evidence of the community benefit generated by the granted funds.
What they fund
Grants that meet Youthtown Inc.’s Authorised Purpose:
- Development and operation of Youthtown programmes and facilities.
- Encouragement and development of amateur youth sport and facilities in established and legally constituted sporting organisations.
- Encouragement and development of youth outdoors and cultural activities or programmes (including art,music and drama) and facilities in legally constituted organisations in community.
- Financial support for community based organizations that provide direct or indirect benefits to groups of youth.
- Any charitable purpose or any non-commercial purpose that is beneficial to the whole or a section of the community.
- Not-for-profit groups incorporated as a charitable organisation or an association promoting charitable purposes.
- Incorporated regional and community not-for-profit groups in the areas where the funds were generated.
- Any amateur sports organisation which is an incorporated regional or community not for profit group that is affiliated to a recognised national body.
- Youthtown funds incorporated national organisations where the national organisation has clearly demonstrated that regional and community benefits will result from the grant.
For more information, visit Youthtown Trust.