Applications are now open for the DCM Shriram AgWater Challenge by the DCM Shriram Foundation & The/Nudge Prize, a 12-month long competition to catalyze & scale innovative solutions for efficient and sustainable water use in agriculture, thereby creating resilient livelihoods for small and marginal farmers in the face of water stress.
With a prize purse of INR 2.6 cr, a network of ecosystem shapers, agri-investors, academics & thought leaders to amplify the journey, the AgWater Challenge brings a paradigm shift to Agri-Water solutions in India and the world. DCM Shriram Foundation invites applications from tech-first start-ups and social impact enterprises across the world.
What they offer?
- INR 2 Crores as grand prize for the winning organization, upon demonstrating scalability of the solution
- Milestone grants from a Prize purse of INR 60 Lacs for the first three start-ups / solutions to cross the first threshold
- Opportunities for immersion, collaboration, partnerships and pitching pilots with top players in the AgWater & AgTech ecosystem as well as State and Civic bodies.
- Finalists will receive hands-on mentoring opportunities, funding and go-to-market support from different ecosystem partners.
What does ecosystem connections and mentoring encompass?
- Pilot/Immersion opportunities through top players in the ecosystem.
- Connections, partnerships and collaboration with state & civic bodies to facilitate greater market linkages between solutions and market players.
- Connects to ecosystem investors for funding opportunities and other opportunities as deemed fit between the two parties
What is expected from the contestants?
- Time commitment: There is no mandated number of hours/days expected. Only a commitment to building resilient livelihoods by enabling efficient water utilization in Agriculture.
- Data sharing: Contestants are required to share regular data updates with the program team to track the organization’s progress.
- DCM Shriram Foundation invites applications from around the world provided your solutions are focused on solving India’s AgWater challenges.
- A registered organization (for-profit or non-profit start-up/organization or hybrid social enterprise) working in the agri-tech innovation ecosystem with a Technology Readiness Level between 4-8. This includes but is not limited to robotics, precision, IoT, geospatial, micro-irrigation tech, digital advisory, fintech.
- The solutions proposed must focus on improving water use efficiency in agriculture with the objective of enhancing crop yield/productivity for smallholder farmers.
- The selection criteria for contestants is a mandatory Tech Readiness Level of 4-8. This is used to assess the maturity level of a technology or innovation on a scale from 1 to 9, with 1 being the lowest and 9 being the highest level of maturity. Know more about the TRLs and where you stand.
- Organizations from TRLs 4 and above can apply for the challenge
- Basic concept evaluation Technology concept formulated
- Experimental proof of concept
- 4. Technology validated in lab
- Technology validated in relevant environment
- Technology demonstrated in relevant environment
- System prototype demonstrated in operational environment
- System completed and qualified
- Actual system proven in operational environment.
For more information, visit DCM Shriram AgWater Challenge.