Deadline: 12 February 2017
The Perspektivy is seeking applications for its programme “Cross-Border Journalism Programme” with an aim to connect journalists in ‘cross-border’ collaboration.
Cross-Border journalism programme is an opportunity for journalists and bloggers in the early and mid stages of their career looking for the chance to develop their skills in international reporting and enhance their professional network abroad.
The new digital era of media, and the globalisation of economic and political processes have brought new challenges to journalism. In particular, they have highlighted the need to develop international professional networks in order to understand regional characteristics and better cover transnational stories.
- Successful candidates will receive professional mentoring, assistance for research trips arrangements and reimbursement of costs for those trips.
- Travel costs, accommodation and per diem for both programme launch and closing 2-days seminars will also be covered by the programme.
- 4-5 March 2017. A two days workshop, where teams can meet up with Perspektivy mentors to discuss ideas, work on story angles and plan a road-map forward.
- 6 March 2017 – 21 April 2017. A mentoring phase, where the participants return to their home destinations and continue work remotely with experienced mentors and senior journalists as they work on producing their stories.
- Each team can undertake short-term travel or research trip to collect information for their cross-border story. Costs of this research trip will be reimbursed by the programme.
- 22-23 April 2017. A two days review session where the teams meet again to finalise their pieces and discuss them with mentors and journalists on the scheme.
- 15 May 2017 approximate date of publishing stories.
- Journalists, freelancers, bloggers must apply with a story idea that transcends a national border.
- Priority will be given to team applications where participants of the team are from different countries and media outlets
- This scheme is open to journalists, freelancers, bloggers producing stories in Russian for Russian-language media outlets and professionally based in Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, the Baltic and the Caucasus.
- Applicants must be professional journalists, freelancers, bloggers at the early to mid point of their, career with 3-15 years professional work experience.
- The working language of the programme is Russian. No translation at any point will be provided.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Russia, the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Belarus, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Sweden, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Turkey and Iran.
For more information, please visit Cross-Border Journalism Programme.