Deadline: 30 August 2017
The Norbert Zongo Investigative Prize is an award of excellence to reward the best works of investigative journalism. The Prize is opened to all the professional journalists of Africa regularly employed in press or collaborating with African press.
Works must be published or broadcast between May 3, 2015 and May 3, 2017
- to promote a journalism of investigation and research, on subjects related to the political, economic, social and cultural life of the country,
- and to encourage talent and excellency.
- Newspapers – send the original and a copy of the story.
- Television – send 2 DVD copies of the story or a file.
- Radio – send 2 audio CDs of the story or a file.
The Norbert Zongo Prizes
- The winner of every category will receive a diploma, a trophy and One Million CFA francs (1.000.000 CFA).
- First price of any category: the “GOLD SEBGO” 2013
- The jury will attribute the award of excellence: SEBGO GOLD (pen name of Norbert Zongo) to the best work of the three awards. The winner will receive an additional sum of one million (1 000. 000) CFA francs, a diploma and a trophy symbolizing “SEBGO GOLD.”
- The Prize is opened to all the journalists of Africa.
- The candidates must be regularly employed in a news agency or regularly collaborating with African Medias. Applications are open to works in categories of print media, radio and television.
- Works of high professional quality are required and must be published in the press of Africa between May 3 of the last edition, and May 3 of the next edition.
- Applicants must submit:
- In print media: the original and a photocopy of the submitted article,
- Broadcast: two (02) audio cassettes or two (02) CD or DVD of the submitted work;
- Television: two (02) copies DVD or BLURAY of the submitted work.
- The candidature for the Norbert Zongo Prize is proposed by the candidate himself or by the media where the candidate is employed or collaborates.
How to Apply
The copies of the works must be sent to the jury at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Norbert Zongo Investigative Journalism Award.