Deadline: 18 November 2016
The Sol Plaatje Institute (SPI) for Media Leadership at Rhodes University in South Africa, in collaboration with the Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA) invites applications for 10 postgraduate scholarships from Southern African women media leaders who wish to study media management at the SPI in 2017.
The programme combines rigorous theoretical and practical grounding. It has a mid-year practical media management internship and a comprehensive reflective academic portfolio at the end of the year. It is composed of eight compulsory modules covering media management contexts, policy and institutions; financial management and media economics; management of media markets, audiences and advertising; management of media content; management of circulation and distribution; media management and leadership; human resources management for media; and management of digital and social media and media convergence.
The OSISA scholarships cover:
- The full cost of tuition
- Accommodation and meals in one of Rhodes University’s residences
- Course materials
- A monthly subsistence allowance
- Medical aid cover
- Mid-year media management internship costs
- Only women candidates who are already working in the media industry in the 10 Southern African countries of OSISA (mentioned below) are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- Candidates should already have an undergraduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit 2017 OSISA Scholarships.