Deadline: 5 July 2019
USAID’s BMAP aims to stimulate the production of highly engaging, quality digital content that will help local media expand their audiences and build trust with the public while reporting on public interest issues in innovative, interactive ways. To this end, they are seeking applications for Engaging Content Grants (ECG).
USAID’s Balkan Media Assistance Program (BMAP) goal is to make media in the Western Balkans more competitive in the local and regional marketplaces and strengthen the sustainability of the independent media sector across the region, particularly in the digital space.
Truly engaging content should:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Involve audiences in a meaningful public discourse by providing information critical for making informed decisions;
- Target general audiences, but in a new and creative way;
- Encourage audiences to devise potential solutions and get involved in addressing problems they see in their own communities;
- Help audiences communicate more closely with journalists, people they might not otherwise be able to reach (e.g. experts, public figures, etc.), and with one another;
- Create paths for communication between content producers and the public;
- Enable audiences to contribute to content production in some way, where and when possible;
- Address important social issues and engaging marginalized and/or less informed audience groups in the dialogue, especially women and girls, younger people, ethnic, social, sexual and other minorities, diaspora, audiences in other countries, etc.);
- And/or promote diversification of the experiences and voices featured in media content.
Grant Amount for individual grants: $15,000 – $20,000;
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
What kinds of things will these grants support?
USAID’s BMAP want to see proposals for production of quality content in innovative digital packages or reporting projects that will use interactive formats to cover issues that both reflect audience interests and are important to the country’s (or region’s) civic, economic and social development. Grants will support recipients to launch or expand digital content initiatives with the potential to improve their core production, broaden their audience reach, solve a particular issue/problem detected in the local community, attract new types of audiences (for example, women and girls, members of ethnic, social or sexual minority groups, youth, diaspora, other marginalized and/or less informed audience groups, audiences in other countries ) but also attract general audience in a new and creative way, facilitate interaction between journalists and audiences or between audience members themselves, and/or increase user loyalty.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- All applicants must be registered in one of the partner countries (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, and Serbia).
- An organization can submit only one project proposal.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://balkansmedia.org/grant/2nd-call-usaids-bmap-engaging-content-grants
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.