Deadline: 8 November 2017
Development Alternatives with support from Ford Foundation has announced the “Community Media – Technology Innovation Award” to encouraged technology innovators to incubate their technology and strengthen the community media efficiency, outreach and effectiveness.
A total of 5 technologies will be selected for incubation. Each identified technology will be piloted with 3-5 community based organisations in the country to test their effectiveness. The competition will encourage technology innovators and provide them opportunity to test their innovations on ground in association with various community based organisations in the country. These may include community radio stations, community video, community newspapers etc.
- Limited technical information available and inadequate capacities to access technical information
- Complete dependence on outside help for any technical issue
- Need for more effective and reliable means of reaching out to interior community places
- Need for a mechanism to generate database of communities or enhance the awareness processes
- Any organisation/educational institute/technology research group/social organisation can apply for this award.
- Evaluation of each entry will be done on three main criteria i.e., impact, innovation and feasibility.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Community Media – Technology Innovation Award.