Deadline: 15 April 2018
The International Journalists Programs (IJP) has announced Marion Gräfin Dönhoff Journalist Scholarship for 2018 in which five German journalists have the opportunity to work as guest editor for two months in an Eastern European editorial office (with a Russian-language medium).
The scholarship is intended to give young journalists from Germany and Eastern Europe the opportunity to gain a personal impression of the current political, economic, cultural developments and backgrounds as well as everyday life in the host country. It offers the unique opportunity to work in a foreign journalistic work environment and to get an insight into the local media landscape.
- The scholarship consists of a one-time payment of 3,800 euros.
- This amount is to cover travel, food and accommodation during the stay abroad, visa fees and health insurance.
- There is no compensation for the journalistic activity on site. A shift of the stay is not possible.
- Applicants may be German and Eastern European journalists aged 23 and 35 who regularly work as freelancers, volunteers or editors for German or Eastern European newspapers, radio stations, TV stations or on-line editorial offices.
- Good German skills are required for the Eastern European applicants.
- Applicants from Germany are expected to speak Russian.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Eligible Countries: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Georgia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia.
For further information, please visit ijp.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.