Deadline: 15 November 2016
The Online News Association (ONA) is seeking applications from women for its program titled “Women’s Leadership Accelerator” with an aim to develop strong leadership skills for women working in digital journalism.
The Accelerator, to be held Feb. 5-10, 2017, at the University of Southern California’s Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, is open to 25 promising women leaders who are pushing innovation in their organization.
In addition to learning leadership skills and tools for navigating change, participants will focus on a challenge specific to their careers, whether an obstacle to overcome or an aspirational goal to achieve, either within their organizations or as an independent project.
What Does the Program Offer?
- A focus on developing leadership and management skills, with special attention to challenges faced by women in media
- Discussions, deep dives and one-on-one mentoring from some of the top women leaders in digital journalism
- Proven creative approaches to pushing innovation in newsrooms
- Practical, targeted guidance to working through individual challenges
- Open, candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom
- The opportunity to build a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system
- Creating workflows to collaborate across desks on special news projects
- Building a new digital team inside a legacy media organization
- Getting buy-in on projects designed for emerging social platforms
- Setting benchmarks for success for a new media startup
- Changing organizational culture to include more diverse voices in leadership
- Practical solutions to dealing with colleagues who are actively blocking projects
Practitioners working in digital media, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Women’s Leadership Accelerator Program.