Deadline: 16 February 2017
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking proposals from eligible entities for a program entitled “Capacity Building for Media Practitioners” with an aim to engage a firm to develop and conduct a capacity building seminar for regional media practitioners.
The program will focus on climate change with the intent of increasing climate change related knowledge and buy-in among media practitioners, with the ultimate goal of knowledge dissemination by practitioners.
Scope of Work
- Development of a training curriculum and key training materials (including: objectives, training topics and duration, power point presentations, videos, assignments, handouts, reinforcement tools and activities etc.)
- Planning, management and facilitation of an innovative and interactive training program (including: pre and post program assessments – assessing instruction, practical exercises and logistical arrangements; identifying and securing trainers where necessary, compiling a list of invitees etc.)
- Demonstrating that gender and youth considerations have informed the development of all materials and content
- Knowledge of and experience working in climate change highly desirable;
- Prior training experience in and demonstrated knowledge of the Caribbean region is highly desirable;
- Proven experience in managing and facilitating training seminars
- Experience in and aptitude for working across multiple countries and ensuring appropriate tailoring of messaging and products for different contexts is desirable;
- Post-graduate degree in a related areas;
- Fluency in English is required
How to Apply
Interested firms must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their suitability:
- Technical proposal (short concept note of 2 to 3 pages and samples of workshop materials previously developed)
- Curriculum vitae for all personnel envisaged to render the service
- Financial proposal quoted in United States dollars (US$), itemizing costs for each deliverable listed under section six above
Eligible Countries: Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Suriname
For more information, please visit Capacity Building for Media Practitioners.