Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in partnership with Kazakhstan’s Chief Editors Club, is pleased to announce the call for applications to the Sixth “Kazakhstan through the Eyes of Foreign Media” Competition.
Since 2014 they have been selecting foreign authors who most creatively, reliably and objectively write and publish articles about various aspects of Kazakhstani life. The organizers have decided to devote the VI contest to the 30th anniversary of Kazakhstan’s independence.
The winners will be determined by a panel, which includes the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan, the Chairman of the International Information Committee of the Kazakh Foreign Ministry, as well as the President of Kazakhstan’s Chief Editors Club.
- They will be awarded a week-long trip to Kazakhstan in August 2021. It will include visits to Nur-Sultan, Almaty, Turkestan, Borovoye Resort and an extensive cultural program.
- In addition, meetings will be organized with local representatives of government, media, science and culture, in order to provide firsthand information about Kazakhstan, as well as to establish professional contacts with fellow professionals.
- Citizens of all states (excluding Kazakhstan) are invited to participate in the contest;
- Participants can be staff and non-staff authors of print, electronic and online media;
- To participate in the contest, it is necessary to post a piece of writing from 300 to 3000 words / television or radio reportage, podcast, lasting from 2 to 60 minutes, in foreign media during the period from July 1, 2020 to July 1, 2021;
- If the language of the material is not English or Russian, it is necessary to attach its translation in mentioned languages or in Kazakh language;
- Completed applications together with materials and translation must be sent to: [email protected];
- Topics of work should cover one or more of the following five areas in relation to Kazakhstan: economy and trade, culture and traditions, history, tourism, modern society, sports;
- Five winners will be selected by the panel, per one from the following regions:
- The outcomes of the contest will be announced by August 1, 2021;
- The winners will be awarded a trip to Kazakhstan; the organizers will cover the cost of an economy class flight, hotel accommodation and local transportation, a cultural program in Kazakhstan, as well as a small per diem.
- Only non-Kazakhstani applicants are eligible to participate in the contest.
For more information, visit https://www.gov.kz/memleket/entities/mfa-helsinki/press/news/details/213297?lang=en