The Regional Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO), Local Branch Office in Kosovo in partnership with the OSCE Mission in Kosovo is inviting young men and women leaders in Kosovo to participate in a training program on “Intercultural Dialogue, Media Literacy, and Advocacy” with a view of strengthening and improving skills and knowledge of youth leaders in continuing to contribute to a positive change in their communities.
The training aims to enrich and extend the knowledge and understanding of youth leaders on the topic of Intercultural Dialogue, Media Literacy and Advocacy as well as provide the opportunity to brainstorm and design project ideas related to the mentioned topics, which will further on be developed and implemented by the organizers.
- Strengthening the capacities of promising young leaders in the fields of intercultural dialogue, media education and advocacy, involving them in the process of designing local activities and giving ownership and providing more opportunities and space for intercultural dialogue between communities as one of the main priorities of the Local Branch of RYCO in Kosovo (LBO KS), given their crucial role in building and promoting lasting and inclusive peace.
- With this in mind, the overall goal of the training is to further develop the skills of promising young leaders in Kosovo and equip them with the tools they need to engage, understand and address issues. affecting personal and community peace, as well as security among young people and beyond.
- Through this training, a network of active leaders will be created in order to transfer the knowledge gained to the youth of their local communities, ensuring that more young people are involved in taking an active role in peacebuilding.
- Upon completion of the three-day training, participants will:
- get acquainted with the concepts of intercultural dialogue, media literature and advocacy;
- gain a theoretical basis for preparing project ideas that contribute to positive change (including understanding how to prepare a project that includes gender and diversity);
- have the opportunity to carry out practical work in small groups under the supervision of an expert in sifting ideas and designing actions;
- have the opportunity to expand the network and engage in intercultural dialogue;
- have the opportunity to participate in the competition for best youth-friendly practices produced during the workshop;
- have the opportunity to further engage in the development and implementation of winning ideas in the coming months.
- Module One: Intercultural Dialogue, 11-12 December 2021
- Module Two: Media Literacy, 12-13 December 2021
- Module Three: Advocacy, 13 December 2021
- Training Duration: 3 days
- The training program is dedicated exclusively to young men and women leaders aged 18-30, with different ethnic backgrounds: Albanians, Serbs, Bosniaks, Egyptians, Roma, Ashkali, Turks, etc., who demonstrate that they have received take an active role in their communities in peacebuilding processes and want to further enhance their skills and knowledge.
- New leaders eligible to apply include:
- Candidates who demonstrate leadership skills and have taken on an active role in their community;
- Candidates interested in taking an active part in their community;
- Candidates who show motivation and interest in the topics of intercultural dialogue, media literature and advocacy;
- Candidates who are capable of engaging in intercultural dialogue;
- Candidates who show high respect for the principles of human rights, gender equality and diversity;
- Candidates interested in regional co-operation, RYCO and the work of the OSCE.
For more information, visit https://www.rycowb.org/?p=12402