Deadline: 15 April 2017
The Humanity Photo Awards (HPA), organized by China Folklore Photographic Association (CFPA) and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is open for applications and invites photographers from around the world.
HPA is a biennial photography contest focusing on folklore cultures, including portrait & costume, architecture, living custom, production & commerce, festivities and traditional rites.
It aims to encourage photographers, both amateur and professional, all over the world to document folklore cultures in an extensive and profound way. It is committed to the promotion of recording, spreading, exchanging and sharing of diverse cultures with images.
During the past 18 years, photographers from 162 countries have participated in HPA and HPA has accumulated images about folklore phenomena of 178 countries and regions in the world.
- HPA 2017 is a photo contest that devotes itself to documenting, sharing and celebrating the diversity of cultures in the world;
- HPA 2017 is an international photo contest that is free to enter and open to all photographers who love to capture the vibrancy of cultures and peoples through the power of imagery;
- HPA 2017 only accepts photo stories/portfolios (8-14 pictures allowed for each photo set);
- HPA 2017 provides transport allowance for more than 66 prize-winning photographers so that they can attend the Award Ceremony in China and make friends with photographers around the world;
- Photographers from Arab States, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean who have received Nomination Awards in HPA 2017 will have an opportunity to receive transportation allowance. It demonstrates an effort made by HPA 2017 to encourage photographers from those parts of the world to document cultures of their homelands.
- Entries are invited from both amateur and professional photographers from around the world.
- There are no restrictions on entrants in terms of profession, gender, age, nationality, country or region.
- The photos must be taken by the entrant himself/herself, otherwise the entrant will be deprived of the right to win the award in the contest.
- Photos entered jointly by two or more than two entrants will not be accepted.
- Entries that have won prizes in the previous HPA contests are excluded from HPA 2017; prize-winning entries in other contests or exhibitions are eligible for HPA 2017.
- There are no content restrictions on countries or nationalities which are shown in the photos. (Entries can contain images of several ethnic groups in one country or of the same ethnic group living in different countries and regions.)
- There is no limit on shooting time. Entries can be taken on one occasion or over a period of time.
- The category of the submitted photos must be specified by the entrants. The organizers and judges are not responsible for re-categorizing any entry.
- Each entry must consist of a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 14 photos. Each entrant is allowed to submit no more than 3 entries.
- Photos must be uploaded with jpg format, size between 1MB and 4MB.
How to Apply
Entries are required to be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit The Humanity Photo Awards 2017.