Deadline: 1 January 2017
Global Editors Network (GEN) is seeking applications for its Startups for News international competition with an aim to reward the best startups bringing novel solutions to newsroom challenges.
Each year, GEN selects early-stage startups providing innovative products or services to media companies and accelerates their development through exclusive exposure and mentorship.
Startups for News is an international competition that rewards early-stage startups working on high-impact and daring solutions for the news industry. GEN, in partnership with Journalism.co.uk selects the best startups that address newsroom challenges through dynamic and innovative products or services.
The aim of Startups for News is to accelerate the development of promising, early-stage media startups through worldwide exposure, networking with senior media executives, and private mentorship from GEN’s board members.
- For Editors
- Discover a careful selection of startups that will shape the future of journalism. Be the first to access startups that will boost their newsrooms and give them a competitive edge
- Get a fresh perspective on media innovation from the most cutting-edge entrepreneurs.
- For Startups
- Get recognised by industry leaders and noticed by potential partners
- Network with senior media executives in a friendly atmosphere at the GEN Summit and benefit from their feedback, insights, and connections
- Gain exposure in the media industry and benefit from media coverage
- For the Winner
- Private mentoring sessions with our board members
- Stand in the prestigious expo at the GEN Summit 2017.
- Great exposure to our powerful network of media innovators through GEN’s social media channels and our newsletter
- Invitation to participate to Slush 2017
- The startup must offer an innovative product or service to newsrooms
- The startup must have been founded no earlier than 2013
- The startup must have received less than €1m in external funding
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Global Editors Network.