The Fetisov Journalism Awards (FJA) is now open for outstanding journalists from all over the world who change the world for the better with their groundbreaker stories.
The mission of Fetisov Journalism Awards is to promote universal human values such as honesty, justice, courage and nobility through the example of outstanding journalists from all over the world as their dedicated service and commitment contribute to changing the world for the better.
The winners of the Fetisov Journalism Awards are outstanding journalists from all over the world who change the world for the better with their groundbreaking stories.
The Awards give greater publicity to inspiring reportings made by the talented journalists from around the world.
- Organization of annual global contests for journalists in order to distinguish the works of those who bring up hot-button issues and have widespread impact
- Rewarding outstanding journalists with major money prizes for their dedicated work
- Helping nominees and winners to achieve greater visibility by publishing their works on the website of the contest and i n printed media.
- Promotion of contemporary journalism as a unique profession that contributes to transforming the lives of individuals, communities and the world as a whole
- Spreading the word about inspiring deeds of the award nominees and winners
- Bringing journalists together as a community of like-minded people willing to raise journalism to an entirely new level and to meet new demands.
- Outstanding Contribution to Peace
- Contribution to Civil Rights
- Outstanding Investigative Reporting
- Excellence in Environmental Journalism
- The total prize fund: is CHF520,000. Three winners in each category share a monetary prize of 130,000 CHF (including taxes, as stipulated by the legislation in force):
- The first prize winner: receives 100,000 CHF and a unique silver statuette designed and handcrafted in Switzerland.
- The second prize winner: receives 20,000 CHF.
- The third prize winner: receives 10,000 CHF.
- Entries are open to professional journalists, ie representatives of the media, professional journalism organizations (unions/associations/societies) and freelance journalists.
- Self-nominations are allowed.
- Maximum of 3 (three) reports/series of reports from one journalism organization/media platform can be nominated for participation in the contest.
- The submission form may be filled out by a representative of a registered organization/media platform nominating another journalist or by a nominee. Information must be provided in English.
- One entry (one report or a series of reports) from one person/one team of authors is accepted.
For more information, visit https://fjawards.com/what-is-fja