Deadline: 5 September 2019
The International Women Media Foundation (IWMF) is seeking applications for its Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists to support the production of ambitious projects and underreported, globally important stories.
Promoting the work and advancing the role of women in the news media across the globe is critical to transparency and a diversity of voices. The Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists, the first funding initiative of its kind, enables the IWMF to dramatically expand its support of women journalists. Established with a $4 million gift from the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, the Fund supports projects including educational opportunities, investigative reporting and media development initiatives.
The fund was designed to help women journalists by providing grantees support to:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Expose under-reported but critical global issues.
- Undertake ambitious projects that challenge traditional media narratives.
- Develop field-based expertise and strengthen careers.
- Pursue training and leadership opportunities.
- Launch entrepreneurial news projects or acquire the skill to do so.
- The IWMF will make an annual total of $230,000 worth of grants to support women journalists in their projects and endeavors.
- The fund is not limited in either the grant dollar amount or the number of grants awarded within the annual total.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Woman-identifying journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
- Professional journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
- Teams of journalists may apply, however the submission must be from a woman journalist and her team must include at least 50% women.
How to Apply
- All answers and documents must be in English.
- Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.iwmf.org/programs/fund-for-women-journalists/
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.