Deadline: 5 September 2019
The International Women Media Foundation (IWMF) is seeking applications for its Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists to support the production of ambitious projects and underreported, globally important stories.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Promoting the work and advancing the role of women in the news media across the globe is critical to transparency and a diversity of voices. The Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists, the first funding initiative of its kind, enables the IWMF to dramatically expand its support of women journalists. Established with a $4 million gift from the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, the Fund supports projects including educational opportunities, investigative reporting and media development initiatives.
The fund was designed to help women journalists by providing grantees support to:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Expose under-reported but critical global issues.
- Undertake ambitious projects that challenge traditional media narratives.
- Develop field-based expertise and strengthen careers.
- Pursue training and leadership opportunities.
- Launch entrepreneurial news projects or acquire the skill to do so.
- The IWMF will make an annual total of $230,000 worth of grants to support women journalists in their projects and endeavors.
- The fund is not limited in either the grant dollar amount or the number of grants awarded within the annual total.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Woman-identifying journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
- Professional journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
- Teams of journalists may apply, however the submission must be from a woman journalist and her team must include at least 50% women.
How to Apply
- All answers and documents must be in English.
- Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.iwmf.org/programs/fund-for-women-journalists/
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.