The Kosovo 2.0 (K2.0) has announced the second call of the second cycle of Lokomotiva Program through which offers a joint space for enthusiastic young people of all genders and backgrounds, who are willing to explore new ideas, and to constructively challenge established narratives around societal identities through multiple media tools and formats, including movies, blogging, music to name a few.
K2.0 is inviting young, passionate changemakers to become part of a wonderful learning experience and the environment by responding to this call. Lokomotiva 2.0 program is supported by the Prince Claus Fund.
This hands-on learning opportunity seeks to encourage critical thinking and inspire activism related to the issues of gender, ethnicity, religion and race. Most importantly, it aims to equip its members with the tools and means necessary to influence positive change. As such, this program entails a six-month, multifaceted and dynamic learning experience, during which, participants are provided with immense opportunities to explore new ideas, and a space to socialize, work, have fun with peers and act!
- The first phase of the program – Introduction: This exciting journey begins with an online Bootcamp that will take place in December where all selected participants and experienced facilitators will meet virtually for two days and will gain an understanding of both the program and one another, and will acquire a general overview of the intersectionality of gender, ethnicity, religion and race.
- The second phase of the program – Capacity Building: Throughout the second phase of these six months – four open discussions circling around the aforementioned themes will take place. Lokomotiva members will have the opportunity to meet and discuss movies, photography, music, and other media formats with prominent inspiring individuals that have had a meaningful impact on the way we perceive the world around us.
- Final Phase of the program – Community Initiatives and Interventions: Having gone through all the creative talks and workshops, in this phase Lokomotiva members will be supported to design their own initiatives and by receiving seed funding to implement an intervention in their chosen areas, within their own communities.
The program is excitingly looking forward to having applicants join the Locomotive if they are:
- Age 18 to 24;
- Living in Kosovo;
- Committed to actively engaging in all the phases of the six-month program;
- Willing to critically challenge pejorative narratives around gender, ethnicity, religion and race;
- Looking forward to meeting and working closely with peers from various backgrounds;
- Open to new ideas and opinions, and willing to work with lively teams;
- Able to identify and assess the concerns of grassroots communities;
- Able to design initiatives that have a direct impact on the areas including gender, ethnicity, religion and race in your community.
For more information, visit https://kosovotwopointzero.com/en/call-for-applications-lokomotiva-cycle-ii-2/